Strange electrical problem

Page 2 of 3

See if your ISP provides one. Many do, and it's free. Look on the ISP's website for information.
The server name is often something like:
news.<ISP>.net
where <ISP> is your ISP's name, same as in email servers. "net" may be "com" in your case.
Note that newsgroups is a much older use of the internet than the world wide web is.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

Nope... Went away and appears to not be going to return. :(
It's obviously a pain in the ass. I'd remove the load from the attic unit and pigtail it onto the line to prevent future mishaps, just be sure it's not tied to any non gfci outlets that do need to be protected

On May 23, 5:53 am, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

Well, it turned out to be a simple problem. After opening up all the switch and outlet boxes and finding the connections were fine, I went up into the attic. There was another GFCI outlet up there that had been tripped. Apparently it is feeding the two bathrooms and their GFCI outlets as well as the garage lights. Is this a problem?
Thanks.
[...]

On 23 May 2007 13:57:58 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:
[snip]

We're sorry, but the nine copies of your post are insufficient :-) Continue to post it at least 32 times, and then you may get a response.

You apparently don't have a clue about software. Using the Google Groups web interface, I clicked on send and it came back saying the post was not successful due to a server problem and I should try later. I tried a few more times over a period of two hours with the same result. Today I came in and tried once more and was successful with a single click. I hope the multiple posts haven't caused you too much stress. I'd hate to think that you need counseling now.
On 24 May 2007 15:47:04 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:
[snip]

since you don't know any better. Now you do.

And you didn't even READ the group for awhile to see if it went through.

Also, Google is good for searching for things. It's NOT that good for posting. How about getting a real newsreader / server account?

Suggesting the usual immature refusal to accept responsibility for your actions.
On 24 May 2007 15:47:04 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

He was kidding you. It was not hilarious, but it was funny.
He even put in a smiley, which I don't even think was necessary. It was obviously a joke. Learn to take a joke.
BTW, it is much easier to read Usenet directly. Besides the other one recommended, Agent can be used in free and paid mode. You may already have newsgroups on the ISP you use, or you can subscribe using any ISP for about 10 dollars a year iirc.

The current version of Forte Agent does not support free mode. I think the latest version that did was 3.3. 3.3 is still a good one.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
On Fri, 25 May 2007 12:10:41 -0500, Mark Lloyd

No kidding! Thanks, that's good to know.

I apologize. I didn't realize it was meant as a joke. It looked like plain sarcasm to me. I was already greatly irritated when got online and saw that the miserable Google Groups' "unsuccessful - try again later" messages were bogus and it had actually posted them all, but with a multi-hour delay. I see so much rudeness in usenet in general and so many flame wars that I assumed this was the same. Again, my apologies to the jokester and also to the group.
On 30 May 2007 13:26:28 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

I have set up my newsreader to display the "User-Agent:" and "X-Newsreader:" headers, and a lot of problem posts are showing "User-Agent: G2/1.0". Seemingly meaningless, but that's what Google is using.
The software is reminding me of AOL.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
You might be right. Let us know what your test reveals