strange electrical proble

David:
DN> The lights in two rooms keep getting dim, the they're on the same circuit. DN> Here's the weird thing. When I listen to a battery powered radio, I hear DN> static at the same time the lights dim. DN> DN> I thought maybe a light fixture in one room had a problem, but they go dim DN> independently. What I mean is if the lights in one room are off, the other DN> room still has the problem
If the lights are one the same circuit then the problem is ahead of where the separation is, such as a common junction box, or possibly in the service panel.
Personally I don't like going inside the service panel even though I'm comfortable after the wiring comes out. Your message indicates you are unfamiliar with electricity and therefore it would be safer to hire an electrician. He (or she) will probably find a loose connection and fix it in less than an hour.
- barry.martinATthesafebbs.zeppole.com
* "All paid jobs absorb and degrade the mind." -- Aristotle
--
RoseReader 2.52 P003186
The Safe BBS Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971
On Fri, 14 May 2004 02:19:37 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@rime.org (barry martin) wrote:

Replace the circuit breaker for that circuit. If that dont fix it, then you got a loose wire somewhere. Most likely a failing breaker.
snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com wrote:

I have to add to that. It could be a floating neutral.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math