Strange Door Latch

I live in a farm house built in the 1930's. One of the bedroom doors has a = strange latch on the door. It's built into the door, like modern latches, a= nd retracts when you turn the handle to open the door. Most latches have a = curved face on the side that hits the strike plate and a flat side on the r= everse. The flat side catches against the strike plate to keep the door fro= m opening.=20

What's unusual about this one is that both sides are curved. From the top, = it looks like an arrowhead. Without a flat side, it allows some play so tha= t the door rattles when closed if there's a breeze. The only advantage to t= his design that I can think of is that it could be used in a door that swin= gs in and out. Anybody else ever seen one of these or know what good they a= re?

Reply to
Pavel314