Strange carpet fungus

Lately we have found a strange fungus growing on the family room carpet in one corner of the room. It is the most secluded corner of the room under a window. The fungus is light brown and looks like a thin leaf. I easily scraped it up with a shovel once but it grew back quickly within a few days. It is the first time in our 8 years in this house that we have noticed its presence. Anyone have any suggestions on how to prevent its growth? Thanks.
You could try Lysol spray disinfectant. Bleach would do it but also ruing the carpet. Is it wet there?

carpet in

under a

easily
few days.