Straightforward out-of-the-box solution for extending WiFi range

Page 3 of 3
On Wed, 25 Dec 2013 19:43:15 +0000, Danny D. wrote:

Hi Jeff, I had SNMP turned on all along in the rooftop radio; but I'm not sure how to take advantage of it.
I set up the radio, but, I also provided my password to my WISP; and I know he logged in and rebooted the radio a few times when I first set it up because he had warned me that he was going to "adjust" some settings.
So, he's using the SNMP, but I can't even spell it.
I've got a lot of reading to do, I guess, to take advantage of whatever it does for me.
On Wed, 18 Dec 2013 06:43:07 -0800, William Sommerwerck wrote:

Hmmmm.... we're talking hundreds of feet greater range.
Just putting a router in a more advantageous spot within an office isn't going to get you a few hundred feet greater range, in most cases.
It's not a bad idea, of course; but we're talking a goal of orders of magnitude greater range here ...

If you're talking about the test I ran, which extended the range of the laptop (as opposed to extending the range of the router), I had turned off the laptop's internal radio with the hardware switch on the side of the laptop.
So, in *my* tests, the only radio was the Nanobridge M2 feedhorn which was tied to the laptop's Ethernet port.
So, from the laptop's perspective, there was no radio. There was just a 'wired' ethernet connection.
Way too technical and OT...remove "alt.home.repair" from your poly-posting...you geek! *L*