Stovepipe

Hi,
I recently purchased a used woodstove for my basement family room. I am wondering do I need to use some type of thimble or can I just run the approrpiate lentgh of stovepipe through the 7" diameter hole already present in my brick chimney to access the flue? I ask becuase I am having difficulty finding a 7" diameter thimble, they all seem to be 6" or 8" diameter.
I am anxious to finish the installation, but of course want to be safe. Please lend any helpful advice.
Happy New Year!
Darn not one response. What is somthing I said, or didn't say for that matter?

All I know is that I have a thimble. Don't know if your method would work or if it meets code. Unless I know for sure, I'm not going to suggest a solution.
A total lack of response usually indicates that no one has any good information for you. If you said something wrong etc, it's very highly likely you would have heard about it. I know I've never come across your situation.
Pop
snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.net wrote:

I have hooked up a few woodstoves. I am not sure what your problem is. Does the woodstove need a 7" pipe, or is just the hole in the chinmey 7" ? Most stoves use 6" pipe. If the hole is too big in the chimney, you cement around it, and let the cement (mortar) dry for several days or it will crack. They DO make 7" pipe. Menards has it. You can also get it at a heating supply center. If the stove actually has a 7" pipe flange, you could go to an 8" pipe if you could find a 7" adaptor, which a heating contractor could make for you if necessary.