Stove rope adhesive ?

I've just replaced the special rope that goes into the doors of my wood burning stove, just seemed to press in. Trouble is sometimes when I open the doors it falls out. Should it be stuck in and with what ? I've got fire cement sealant but wouldn't this just make it hard ? Anything from screwfix ??
" snipped-for-privacy@pensbyboys.wirral.sch.uk"

Go to the place where you bought the rope & buy the adhesive for it. The last time I used the stuff it was a black sticky goop that stayed somewhat elastic and wasn't bothered by the heat.
Jim