Stove Problems

I currently bought a gas range..however the store was made for natural gas and I have the propane gas. I know I am suppossed to convert it to LP, but my dad still installed it (without the kit) and the flames are really high when you turn on the stove... Does this happen because the coversion kit hasn't been installed yet? And is it safe to leave the stove running on LP for a while?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Yes you need to fit the jets for propane if you are using propane.
I would not use the stove without the conversion of the burners.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Ummm - Whatda ya think? yes
And is it safe to leave the

Ummm - out of control flames, probably yellow with lots of soot clogging up your burners. Whadya think? no
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

NO NO NO NO!
Contact your propane supplier. Most of them will do the conversion at little or no charge. They may even have the parts.
Enjoy eating out for a few days.
Colbyt
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
LOL! Not meaning to be offensive, but: I think it's time to sit Dad down and have a little talk with him about what he's allowed to do and not to do in that house. He's an accident waiting to happen!
No, you shouldn't use the stove for too many reasons to list here. And if you get a gas smell, shut off that gas at the main valve and leave it off until someone takes care of the situation. Actually, better if you shut it off right now. Nothign bad may happen, but then ... . Yesterday's experiences don't always apply to today.
HTH,
Pop
:I currently bought a gas range..however the store was made for natural : gas and I have the propane gas. I know I am suppossed to convert it to : LP, but my dad still installed it (without the kit) and the flames are : really high when you turn on the stove... Does this happen because the : coversion kit hasn't been installed yet? And is it safe to leave the : stove running on LP for a while? :
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.