Stove gas line

How many inches can a stove gas line be away from the wall when it comes up in the kitchen? In my kitchen it is about 6"from the wall and then elbows and shoots the wall, elbows and that's where the shut off valve is. Never s een it like that before. Want to get a new stove and you know how installer s are when it comes to code- no way it can be moved closer- shoots up next to a main beam, and another room and bathroom are behind the wall.

Reply to
Chris

I can't imagine that there would be any code that prevents what you have. I have a similar setup in one property that I own. As long as there is room for the new stove to be installed, I doubt that there will be any problem with the installers.

Reply to
TomR

up in the kitchen? In my kitchen it is about 6"from the wall and then elbow s and shoots the wall, elbows and that's where the shut off valve is. Never seen it like that before. Want to get a new stove and you know how install ers are when it comes to code- no way it can be moved closer- shoots up nex t to a main beam, and another room and bathroom are behind the wall.

Why don't you ask someone(s) in your area that installs stoves?

Since "you know how installers are when it comes to code" it seems like you 'd get a straight answer based on the exact code for your area.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

He dont mention the type of pipe, so I assume it's black iron. I dont see anything wrong with having several elbows, because that's how gas pipes are installed. If there is structural joists or beams in the way, one has to somehow go around them, which it sounds like what was done here. I'm also assuming he refers to NATURAL GAS, because propane is often run thru copper tubing. (But black iron also works fine for propane).

Reply to
Paintedcow