stove converted to propane does not get hot

Hello:

I had my house built 10 years ago and purchased a stove from Sears which was originally natural gas but set up as propane from the kit it was shipped with. The stove works but I noticed it took a long time for my cook. Sometimes I cook at my dad house and noticed a couple cups of water took 2x as long on my stove versus his. I can never stir fry because my pan takes a long time to get hot and when I put food in then it cools off and will take a long to time to get hot. I thought I just had a poor quality stove but a couple of years ago we remodeled the kitchen and bought a "high end" dual fuel stove. This stove also takes a long time to cook and I still can't do stir fry. I then thought it was the propane but my sister bought a house with a stove converted to propane and it works fine over there. She can boil water in a minute where I have to wait 5. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you,

Julie

Reply to
annapolisMom

annapolisMom wrote: ...

Given two ranges seem to have similar problem, sounds like a limitation on pressure and/or volume from the supply to the range. Ask the supplier to check the regulator at the tank for proper operation.

If that doesn't solve the problem, look for restriction or other problem in the line feeding the range. Does the same propane feed water heater, clothes dryer, other appliances, furnace? It might be possible if range is on the tail end of a supply line it's being starved or the line could be kinked or even possibly just got some debris in it at the time of construction and has been that way since.

Whatever it is, it isn't right and given the second range has same problem, it is virtually positive to be the supply, not that the original range was at fault.

Reply to
dpb

Reply to
EXT

I would call the propane supplier and explain your issue. It could be a bad regulator and they have the ability to troubleshoot it.

Reply to
George

Call the propane dealer and have them check the gas pressure. If that's fine, have the appliance checked out.

There's definitely a problem somewhere!

Reply to
<kjpro

It&#39;s still required for LP operation! However, it does need to be converted when going to LP.

Reply to
<kjpro

sounds like a pressure problem on your supply , call your lp supplier and have them check incoming pressure , if ok, then look harder at your stove

def>Hello:

Reply to
The Freon Cowboy