Stove cleaning question

We have a 1 year old gas stove, with a non-removable top. The burner area has black buildup that doesn't come off - burnt food and stuff. How can this be removed without damaging the finish of the stove?

Reply to
Ook

Try an oven cleaner.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Easy Off has some new stuff, that my Dad really raves about. Probably three bucks a can, follow the directions. I think he said it too half an hour or so to really get working.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon