Stormin Mormon saved me a lot of money on OIL

I go another oil delivery yesterday. I've been tracking my oil use and the degree days for a few years. But let me back up a bit.
A few years ago, I was doing some research on a new oil fired boiler for both heating and hot water. One of the suggestions was from Chris Young, the Stormin Mormon at hangs out here. He suggested I look into the System 2000 by Energy Kinetics. I did and I bought it.
The literature on their web site says you can save up to 40% over the old style boiler like I had. Doubtful, I figured if I save even 20% it would be a good deal. I had the system installed and started doing the comparisons. My real savings was 39.2% the first season. My oil supplier verified it and so did Energy Kinetics.
This morning I put the last two deliveries into my spreadsheet, I got the degree days from www.degreedays.net and did the calculations. So far this heating season, my savings as compared to my old (30 years) boiler is $907.00. I'm happy with that.
The system is paid for itself in a few years with oil cost savings. At the time of purchase, I was able to get a state energy rebate, Federal tax credit and state financing at 0% interest.
On 3/8/2014 8:03 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I totally don't remember mention any such thing. Perhaps Goggle Gripes or some other archive might find the real person who needs the kind praise? My friend, I don't think I am deserving of that praise.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 03/08/2014 09:32 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I decided to save energy by getting the 115 year old windows replaced on my house last year.
Very hard to see what good that did as the average temp this year is 10- 15 degrees colder than last year. My energy bill is higher...but I suppose it would have been even worse otherwise.
On 3/9/2014 8:16 AM, philo wrote:

Well, I guess I can take credit for that. (wink, wink....)
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 3/8/2014 7:03 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

TDD
On Sunday, March 9, 2014 8:51:49 AM UTC-4, The Daring Dufas wrote:

Yes, good to hear. I should add up and analyze my data too to get an accurate comparison. But I had a 25 year old nat gas furnace and replaced it with a 93% two stage one back in 2010. There was a huge drop in my gas bills, at least 40%, maybe even cut in half. Electric bills for summer have been cut substantially too. NJ climate here. I'd guess that together I could be saving ~$800 a year. And that's with what I'd say is conservative usage, ie I keep it low as possible in winter and use the AC sparingly in summer. If you like the house 74F in winter and summer constantly, you'd save even more.
I think anyone that's planning on staying in their house for at least a few years that has an old system should seriously think about replacing it, provided the current climate/energy usage justifies it. Even if you move the next year, I'd think you'd probably come out ahead, as buyers will find a house with a new efficient system worth paying more for.
On 3/9/2014 9:38 AM, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

dear, the house has no insulation but they have granite counter tops so lets pay the high asking price."

click, click, whoof. Flame war starts up.
--
.
Christopher A. Young