Storm window advice, please

Hello all.

I'd like some advice on storm windows please, ones that would be attached to the outside of an old house over existing windows.

? What's the best quality or type of window for the money?

? I not only wish to block the cold, but more especially sound from outside.

? Finally, are installers like Sears or Home Depot recommended?

Thanks for any advice.

O.G.

(replies tothe group, please)

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Reply to
Oneguy

Sorry, I can only answer one of your questions. One old single pane window in my house was never replaced with a new model. It is at the head of my bed and let in much sound. One sash of the outer storm panel was lost so I bought some wood and glass, rented a router and built a new sash. I'm really impressed at how well it cuts down on the noise. Whatever you go with, the noise level should decrease significantly. John

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Reply to
jriegle

Thanks for the advice!