Storm door window frame

I have an aluminum storm door with the window in the upper section. It is the kind with the scallop decoration border around the glass. I need to know how to open the frame. I see only clips in a channel in the corners around the outside edge. I can't get a tool in to pop them loose.
How does one open this frame?
Thanks, John
JohnR66 wrote:

Are you talking about removing the glass and frame from the door, or removing the glass only from the aluminum frame?
I'll assume you want to remove the glass from the frame. There are two basic types of frames, ones that come apart at the corners, and ones that don't. For the ones that don't come apart, usually you just peel out the rubber strip all the way around, and then the glass will fall out.
Ken

those clips I mentioned previously. Perhaps there is a type of compression tool I need to pop out the clips? John
JohnR66 wrote:

Well, I'm no expert, just your typical DIYer. The only things I know are that either the corners of the aluminum frame come apart using typical hand tools, or else they are crimped together at the factory and aren't intended to come apart. For those kind, the opening for the window glass is slightly larger than the glass itself, and the glass is held in place by a rubber gasket that is pressed in for installation, and simply pulled out to replace the glass. I would try to pull out the rubber gasket and see what happens.
Ken