Storm door opens from which side????

The window in my storm door broke. I decided this is the time to replace the whole door. The door with the broken window has the handle on the same side as the entrance door, that is one behind the other. But on my back entrance door/storm door, the entrance handle is on right of the door as you go outside and the handle for the storm door is over on the left side, which is the hinge side of the entrance door. I hope you followed this. My question is, is there a rule thumbs for the placement of the storm door handle in relation to the entrance door.
TIA
usually handle to handle

Handle to handle looks the best and is "normal". Prevailing wind direction sometimes dictates the reverse to be the best, prudent course of action.
--
Colbyt
One picture can be worth a 1000 words.

Yes. Unless there is a strong prevailing wind that can blow the door wide open, the handles are both on the same side. Having them opposite makes for a PITA to open and get a key into the lock on the opposite side.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

An unusual set up.... my side door is in a corner.
The screen door is hinged on the opposite side as the wood door. When opened, the screen door is against the other wall (the other leg of the L). The wood door, when opened, is against an inside wall. Entry into the kitchen is to the left (and up a step).
Yeah, it's a bit of a PITA, but certainly better than trying to squeeze between the screen door and the outside wall.