Storm door, insulated or regular glass?

Is there any real advantage to having thermal glass for a full length storm door? Thanks, I'm in the US, zone 6.
JessicaG wrote:

Not really, but it is important to have safety glass.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
I've heard of some instances of storm doors trapping enough heat to cause problems. Interior doors hot to the touch & paint blistering. I've not seen actual installations. TB

With a metal door in direct sun, dark colors will get hot enough to burn you. Even light colors get fairly warm.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Oh, the question!
When you open the storm door all the warm air floats out. When you keep it open while you open the inner door, all the warm air in the first floor of the house floats out.
When they are both shut, the inner door and the storm door together form a thermal unit. (as with a storm window that doesn't involve thermal glass)).
If you were going to leave the inner door open, and only the storm door shut, perhaps to let light into the entryway, for long periods (as soom of my neighbors do and as I might do if I had a storm door) then a thermal glass would be worth it.