storm door finger latch repair

I have a Sears Storm/Screen door with a removable glass window. The window frame has 2 finger latches at the bottom to facilitate removing the window from the door. One of the latches is broken, and I need to replace it. I just cannot see how to remove the old latch from the channel in the window. The manual for the door has no info. Anyone have any suggestions on how to remove/replace the latch? thanks in advance Scott