Storm door falling out of its frame

I have a prehung storm door and the two bottm hinges on it keep popping out of place. I've tried just pushing them back into place but it doesn't stay in. Is there any other suggestions other than buying a new one?

Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.home.repair - 352767 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
Dayla

Popping?

Reply to
Hipupchuck

Dayla had written this in response to

: Popping?

The hinge is a pin that slip into groves on the door frame. From what I can tell the should just pop into place and stay there (the grooves look to be turned in a little on the open side so that it keeps the pin in place) but for some reason every time I use the door (which is every day) the bottom two hinges "pop" out and the door swings on the top one only. I keep pushing the pins back in place but it doesn't hold. From what I understand it would be referred to as a 3 hinge contour Z-bar. Not really sure how to explain it without pictures.

Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.home.repair - 352809 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
Dayla

Sounds like your storm door is attached to a building. Also sounds like it needs some maintenance done on it.

Geez, if only you knew of a company that did that sort of thing....

Reply to
Joe