Storm Door Closing Very Slowly

Have a full view storm door with a closer on top and bottom. Has been working great until recently it is suddenly closing very very slowly. It does eventually close, but extremely slowly. Is it coincidence that we are in a cold snap now? Turning the screws on the closer does nothing.
There should be two holes where it is attached at the end of the closer. One is for summer, the other for winter. Switch holes.

I wonder if this is the problem. Before the closure got really slow, I noticed when opening the door there was resistance.