Storm Door Closer

I'm having a problem with my Andersen/Emco storm door which is about one year old.
It has 2 door closers; one at the top and a push button one at the bottom for holding the door open. The problem occurs with the pin that holds the bottom closer to the jamb bracket. This pin rises up with repeated openings and closings of the door. About once a week I push it back down or else it will keep rising until it disengages from the bottom hole of the bracket.
I guess I could put the pin in upside down although I haven't tried this yet. I would appreciate any suggestions as to why this is happening and how to fix it.
Thanks in advance,
Herb

A small O-ring around the bottom of the pin or a little glue should do it. If heavy artillery is required your hardware store should have a small clevis pin with a hole for a cotter pin.
Don Young
Don Young wrote:

H, Alignment problem? Or how about putting in a screw and jam nut?

Does the pin protrude out of the bottom hole enough to put something like aluminum tape around it so it won't fit through the hole to come out.
Fancier but not so easy - tiny hole through the end of the pin with a piece of wire through it.
Find a tiny cap nut in those boxes maybe at the Borg.
    http://www.overtons.com/cgi-bin/overtons/order/large.cgi?31962
Find a longer pin.
Q is why does it do that? It it possible the bracket is not vertical causing it to ride with tension?
Maybe defective?
    "All doors are manufactured, warranted, and serviced by EMCO Enterprises, Inc. For more information, please call our Express Service Hotline at 1-800-933-3626. "