Storing Gasoline in the House

I was told that storing gasoline inside the house is dangerous. I have no place to keep it outdoors, so I must keep it inside the house. I spoke to a guy who worked for the volunteer fire department many years ago. He said that if the gas is indoors, keep the can inside a metal container. I looked around the house and found the only fully metal container I have is the oven on the kitchen stove. I put the gas can in there. The 5 gallon plastic can just barely fits in the oven. I feel much safer now.
Well, I better go help the wife, she's preparing to bake Christmas cookies.
Later
snipped-for-privacy@cantlers.com wrote:

Doesn't even score a half-point on the troll-O-meter. Don't quit yer day job :-)
Dave Bugg wrote:

Hmmm, On less than dog's IQ.

put in metal trash can outdoors, or any trash can outdoors.
at least the fire wouldnt be inside

But it won't _be_ inside a few seconds after it starts.
Harry K
On Dec 20, 11:41�am, snipped-for-privacy@cantlers.com wrote:

Sounds like a plan. Get yr homeowners policy out of the safe and go chill in the doghouse for a spell. Tell your fireman friend not to worry about the smoke; it's just your wifey's cooking. More than one way to get out from under that subprime mortgage.