Storing an Auto Battery?

Page 3 of 3
On Thu, 30 Jul 2009 14:11:31 -0700, "CWLee"

Actually yes and no. A auto battery setting motionless and staying at a constant temperature can stratify the chemicals within and harm the battery. What better way to do this than set it on a very still vibration less hunk of concrete that will also hold a fairly constant temperature.
On Thu, 30 Jul 2009 14:11:31 -0700, "CWLee"

It'supposed to be an "old wive's tale" but I never store batteries on concrete. I've had them go bad stored that way in the past (ok - they were rubber case tar-toppers, so it's a while ago) - but I always have either a board or a plastic rack to store them on - can't hurt.