Storing a Gas Grille

I live in Minnesota, where it occasionaly gets to 20 - 30 degrees below zero. I'm storing my Aussie gas grille (with a cover over ] it) on my deck. Is there any reason not to leave the gas bottle mounted in the grille for the winter?
Thanks! Scott

Nope, everthing else is covered, and that's what counts out rust, the only thing that would cause a bottle to look bad.
--
+++++++++++ SEND ME A LINK +++++++++++
On 1/2/2005 2:28 AM US(ET), Scott took fingers to keys, and typed the following:

I sometimes use my gas grill in the winter (NY), so I leave it hooked up, but I would hesitate to go out in -20 weather just for a grilled steak (or anything else).
-- Bill
Also keeps things from getting in the thread and if you need to use it is all hooked up
Wayne

Keeping it dry is most important. If there's a nice day, firing it up once in awhile will help.
I agree, I store my Webber on the deck with a cover just the way it was when I used it last. Nice day fire it up and let it get hot,cool down and cover.
wrote:>I live in Minnesota, where it occasionaly gets to 20 - 30 degrees

over ]

bottle
Keeping it dry is most important. If there's a nice day, firing it up once in awhile will help.
Good grief, I live in MN also and can't believe you don't USE that grill in the winter. My five year old Weber Silver B is used at least once a week all winter. I know it gets the neighbor guys in trouble but I don't care! And I do keep it covered, tank attached, never had any problem.
John