Storing A/C intake filters

Hi
Do filters store well when wrapped in plastic? If buying a six pack and each filter lasts 60 days, that's three year's worth. Will they keep for three years?
Thanks,
Sam

I don't see any problem but your hvac system may not last 3 years then what do you do with the filters?
I think 60 days is a too long to use a single filter during heavy use. Buy the cheapest you can and change every 2 weeks during heavy use. Every 2 months during low use months. Depends on where you live.
I buy mine by the case at HD and keep them in it until I need them. I usually buy the store out of their stock but I get True Blue filters. If my havac system goes out I can take them back to HD.

Why do you imagine they would NOT store well if wrapped in plastic?
On 8/11/2010 12:34 PM, JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

If there are some active electrostatic elements with a half-life of six months.

That would be ridiculous.

What are those? If you have gamma radiation in your basement, you have bigger problems than bad furnace fiiters.
If you have alpha or beta radiation, why would they hurt furnace fiters.
On 8/11/2010 11:34 AM, JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

I've seen people install filters with the plastic packaging still on them and they wonder why the AC doesn't work.
TDD
The Daring Dufas wrote:

If you take off the plastic, they'll get dirty!
On Wed, 11 Aug 2010 14:11:32 -0500, The Daring Dufas

Say it ain't so. Come on, fess up! Was this 'Bamastan?
On 8/11/2010 2:53 PM, Oren wrote:

Yep, it were my home boys dat did it. 8-)
TDD
On Wed, 11 Aug 2010 14:11:32 -0500, The Daring Dufas

I found a vacuum cleaner with a wonder bread bag in place of the paper bag. I'll bet that didn't work right either.

On 8/11/2010 10:49 AM, Sam Takoy wrote:

Organic based filters should be refrigerated in order to retain their effectiveness. Once the package is opened the filter should be put into service immediately or it will spoil. 8-0
TDD
On 8/11/2010 10:49 AM, Sam Takoy wrote:

Just FYI 6x60 equals 360. not quite ONE year. and yes, they keep.
--
Steve Barker

And as I've already stated, that is ONLY if you run the AC/heat every single day. A box of 12 "30 day" filters usually last me 18 months.

I have no problem storing them for long periods of time. Mostly, they get crushed or damaged some other way.
Steve