storing a 20 lb propane tank..

Page 2 of 2
On 4/20/2013 7:03 PM, tom wrote:

My deck looks safer, fire wise, with not as much wood around. Haven't fired up the grill yet this season but will check carefully before I do.

Was this the rubber hose or some sort of metal flex?
Rubber type hoses can become brittle and crack.
At one time, metal flex lines were not allowed for dryer use because they would vibrate and over time would leak. They were allowed for gas ranges so they could be moved out.

We cook year round on our grill...
Last fall the grill started acting flakey:( Turned out the burner rusted out, and actually melted a small hole thru the bottom of the grill.... alunimum casting
its probably over 30 years old and needed rebuilt again..... I like the grill it was my moms, she is long dead. its the lava rock type and cooks better than the ones with steel plates
a buddy with a machine shop has rebuilt it several times, i fix him a big t bone dinner for fixing it up.....
this time the frame was rotted out so much of it got replaced. the hole in the bottom got a metal plate covering it...
I have been thinking of having my buddy make a non magnetic stanless burner to end the burner rotted out problem.

My grill had 3 steel "heat diverters" or whatever they call those metal tents that go over the burners. When they rusted out I bought an adjustable grate that now sits on the ledges that the tents sat on. One bag of lava rocks later and I have much better heat distribution from the 3 burners than I ever had with the original setup.
On Mon, 22 Apr 2013 01:20:57 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03

or Napoleon. Lots of cheap crap out there that can be improved upon in a dozen ways.

It also prevents crud from landing on the burner and plugging the holes
I had to be more creative and built 4 legs for the lower grill and lava rock combo.

I'm not sure I agree, at least not with my grill. Maybe I shouldn't have used the term Lava Rocks...I think that was a blast from the past.
My grill used to use something like these:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41IQlrxfqyL._SY355_.jpg
Now I use these:
http://www.flamette.com/images/briquettemeasure.jpg
Mine are arranged a bit closer together than in that picture, but I'd said my burner's are more exposed now than they were with the original deflectors.
On Mon, 22 Apr 2013 14:58:31 -0500, "Attila Iskander"

can get to it - particularly with the tubular burners which are cheap to replace and seem to last forever.

How you going to connect dryer without moving it ? I can see the point though.
Greg

Depends on where it is installed. I put the back end piping in place, put the dryer in place, then connected the union.
On Sat, 20 Apr 2013 18:44:18 -0400, Frank

I had spiders get into the burner and carb on one gas grill. It sure surprised the hell out of me in the Spring. The flames were covering the tank and regulator.
On Saturday, April 20, 2013 10:46:25 AM UTC-4, tom wrote:

Standard grill tank? I call BS.
There is no way this ever happened unless the fire department was there within 2 minutes, and they were the biggest crew of bumbling idiots known to man.
If they were there quick enough to be able to set up and squirt water on it before the first tank ran out of propane, then the second tank never would've gotten hot enough to trip the relief valve.
I find it hard to believe that there was no way to pull the grill off the porch with one of those pole hooks that every fire truck comes equipped with before it did too much damage.
When the hose first ruptured, there was plenty of opportunity to shut off the fuel supply and get the second tank out of harm's way. You probably sat there mesmerized by the flames, or ran away at the first sign of danger.
Which fire department are you in? . Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org . .
Standard grill tank? I call BS.
There is no way this ever happened unless the fire department was there within 2 minutes, and they were the biggest crew of bumbling idiots known to man.
If they were there quick enough to be able to set up and squirt water on it before the first tank ran out of propane, then the second tank never would've gotten hot enough to trip the relief valve.
I find it hard to believe that there was no way to pull the grill off the porch with one of those pole hooks that every fire truck comes equipped with before it did too much damage.
When the hose first ruptured, there was plenty of opportunity to shut off the fuel supply and get the second tank out of harm's way. You probably sat there mesmerized by the flames, or ran away at the first sign of danger.

Not possible? Guess I missed you in the crowd of on-looker's that night when we faked this whole ordeal. 2 many x-perts in the world these days.
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z95/dollymadis/Backohouse-before.jpg
Hench wrote:

My BBG is left outside all year in the snow, rain, storms, etc. The one tank is always connected to the BBQ. The second tank is sitting right next to the BBQ.
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

So, you've been up on my deck, eh? ;-)
On 4/20/2013 7:36 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Just to check that you had shut off the tank at the valve.
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Oh...then you *haven't* been up on my deck.

No. He pressured deck will damage it. You should depressure the deck first.