Store Refrigerator in Attic

I have a small (4 ft^3), currently unused refrigerator that I would like to store in my attic. This is unconditioned space and gets hot in the summer and below freezing in the winter. Is this a good idea? No idea of mfr., but the compressor says Necchi.
Thanks
Mike snipped-for-privacy@onuj.com (reverse domain)
snipped-for-privacy@mailexpire.com (Michael S. Trachtenberg) wrote in message (reverse domain) Hi,
If not used ( freezing temps esp ) I can't see why not store it there. Prop open the door a little for air circulation and wash the fridge out really good before storing.
jeff.
And better still, remove the door for the summer so no-one or anything small and alive can get stuck inside. zemedelec
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (jeff) wrote in message

Thanks, Jeff. Always appreciate the assistance you and the other experts here provide.
I can't imagine what it could hurt--- except your back getting it up there! But these things are not expensive, are they? Sell it and get another one if and when you need it. Just my opinion.
Ed

Planning to install a hoist (new post in AHR coming shortly).

A new one this size is approximately $150. That's a lot of money for something I'll rarely use. Getting a new one into my house is no picnic, either (lots of steep, narrow stairs).