Store Clerks "DUMBER THAN HELL"

Page 2 of 3
On 12/26/2015 4:22 AM, sms wrote:

Most debit cards now offer the same protection as a credit card. Check your terms of use.
On 12/20/2015 7:52 PM, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moc wrote:
<snip>

Checks carry a far greater risk to you than credit cards.

On Saturday, December 26, 2015 at 1:37:34 PM UTC-6, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

written is the fee they charge if I do use a credit or debit card. This would be property taxes and car tag renewal; their mailing of their bill clearly states a percentage will be charged. The notice also states it is the company processing debit/credit charges that receives the added fee.
The fee to use a credit/debit card for my property taxes is a bit over $40. I spring for a check and a stamp for that bill.
On 12/20/2015 9:29 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:

Exactly! Folks are shy about using their credit cards on a commercial site with SSL security and the "blessing" from MOST credit card issuers that they will NOT be held liable for any unauthorized charges. Yet, these same individuals will hand their credit card over to some kid working for minimum wage and tips at a restaurant or bar, leaving the card out of sight for several minutes not knowing that the waiter could either copy down the information off the card or scan it and clone it.
On 12/20/2015 9:57 PM, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moc wrote:

I've shopped in real stores for over 60 years too. Many have gone to crap as you noted, thus my reason to go on line to do a lot of shopping.
As for returning things, Ive never had to. In my entire life I've only ever had to return three or four items as I'm careful with my purchases.
There is no other solution for you, I'm afraid so you can keep complaining and nothing will improve. It will, however, get worse.

The store had my needs, but the help was horrible. You're right, there is nothing I can do about it, but I have complained to store management often, and I may have a word with their main office this week. I've had to return lots of stuff both online and at stores. I just returned a shovel to that same store yesterday, because the handle broke off after an hours use. I had no problem with that return.
For me to shop online requires many hours of my time. On dialup it takes a long time to load webpages. Then I get my total and have to go buy a disposible card. Then I place my order and wait. With any luck I wont have hassles getting my item.
How can you say "I'm careful with my purchases", when you buy online? You cant see the stuff or feel if it's durable... My shovel "looked" durable, but it had a hidden defect. I might buy a book or movie or music online. That stuff usually dont have defects, but unless the price is WAY below the store price, I'm spending more online, by the time I pay $5 for my disposible card and S&H and everything else. And I still have to wait for the item. I dont mind waiting for a book or movie, but if I have to wait for a part for my car, I cant drive it until my part arrives..... Or i cant proceed with my home repairs while waiting for online parts.
I could have waited for my thermometer, but I paid $8 for it. Online, I'd already have the $5 fee for the disposible card, so the thermometer would have to cost less than $3 to even justify it. I guess I'd rather waste a half hour in a store, than spend 4 hours waiting for websites to load. Even if I wanted to spend close to $100 a month MORE than I pay now, to get FAST internet, I could not justify that amount on the savings I may get shopping online, since I am not a big consumer.
The stores will continue to have poor workers and I'll continue to call their main offices and complain.... This instance was much worse than most..... Generally I'm fairly satisfied in stores!
On Sun, 20 Dec 2015 22:17:55 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moc wrote:

I forgot. Last week I returned a newspaper, at the supermarekt. I bought it Wednesay and it was Tuesday's paper. That would be okay, but I'd also bought Tuesday's paper, the previous day.
I told them I donn't mind you selling old papers but you've never done it before, so I ddin't check. I had no problem with the return.
On 12/20/2015 11:41 PM, Micky wrote:
[snip]

I bought yesterday's paper once (when that was what I wanted), and it was free (at Kroger).
[snip]
--
4 days until the winter celebration (Friday December 25, 2015 12:00:00
AM for 1 day).

I don't think I started shopping in stores until I was 5, and that was only Bush's, a corner grocery. They had two-for-a-penny candy, but I didn't like it. I woudl get one-for-a-penny candy which truly was twice as good. For one thing, it might be made of chocolate, which the other stuff never was. When there was a premium in a box of cereal, but the supermarket didnt' have any more, we'd go to Bush's.
It was only about 300 feet from my back yard. It's changed and it sells medical supplies now.
There was also a toy store on the far corner away from the JHS. The JHS was a long block and a half from the front yard, to their property and another 800 feet across their lot to the school, but I only went in when I was taking swimming. I would look in the toy store, but even though my family had enough money, I had none, so I never bought anything. It's changed and it sells medical supplies now.
Populatoin of the town has gone from 50,000 in 1955 to 22,000 now. No new people moving in, no need for toys, much need for medical supplies.
The high school is now a combination JHS/HS and the JHS is now 3 to 6, the only school in the whole town for those grades. If I were 8 again, it would still be in easy walking distance, though my girlfriend thinks no one would let his little kid walk their alone. She doesn't know what small towns are like.
Though now she lives ina new expensive development in a rural county and one mother drives her 10 year old 300 feet and then waits with him until the school bus comes, even in warm weather. Meets him the afternoon too. The county is the next one from me. If there were child abductions I'd hear about it, and there aren't. It's pitiful.

I've never returned anything online. I had something fail in 88 days, but by tthe time I determined it had failed, it was 92 days and they wouldnt' warrant it. Later I found out it hadn't failed. I'd rushed because I knew the 90 days was close to expiring.
In person I've returned 30 or 40 or more things, just aboutr all of them y hardware.

On 12/20/2015 6:57 PM, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moc wrote:

What you do is to get a credit card that offers virtual account numbers with a limited amount and expiration. You get a unique generated credit card number, expiration date, and CCV for each transaction. It's very fast and if the number gets stolen. or if the merchant is crooked, they don't have your real credit card number and the virtual card number won't work. I use these often if ordering online from sites that I am unfamiliar with.
Virtual cards are also good if you buy something where you have to cancel or they will do auto-renew, since they can't do auto renew. I bought a tablet with a $60 rebate if you signed up for a free McAffee subscription with a credit card for automatic renewal after one year. Of course I used a virtual card ($1 limit, two month expiration date).
Two of the two times I have had to get a new credit card it was because of breaches at brick and mortar stores, once at Home Depot, once at Target, and you can't use virtual cards there. I had only one breach from an online merchant (Bike Nashbar).
Citibank Double Cash (2% flat rate rebate) offers virtual account numbers, as do some other cards, but most cards don't have this feature. It's just not a good card to use outside the U.S. because of a high foreign transaction fee. Requires a high FICO score, I think 800+.
On 12/20/2015 8:57 PM, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moc wrote:

Are you by chance married to Julie Bove? Your attention-troll whine-style is exactly like hers.
Oren posted for all of us...

I was thinking this guy has his own Dumpster.
--
Tekkie

snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moc posted for all of us...

WE don't care. The only thing you feel is through the hole in your pants pocket. The real stores muttered "asshole" when you left. You are a dinosaur, have you changed your panties lately?

How's the rectal thermometer taste after being left outside overnight? Does your dog slam and lock the door when you head out. You probably have a Bitchen. The cops keep a special watch on your credit card because they don't want to deal with you any more. Nothing is secure any more. Get used to it. The are special markings outside to warm the home invaders where you live; even they don't want to listen to you.
--
Tekkie

you've noticed that, too, huh? I see a trend........
ChairMan wrote:

I spent more than 25 years at university. About 85% kids should nt be there. I don't know what they're learning or taught. They better go to tech school to make a decent living. Son teaches guitar and drum for kids part time on week end. He says some of them never practice. Quite a few doesn't even have drum set or guitar to practice at home. What their parents thinking? Music studio as a baby sitting place? No practice no progress. Best students are pre-teens under 10 years old. Older kids are mostly no good.

he does so, regularly

true

+1
Oren wrote: