stopping leaks into basement

well, it's raining here (no big surprise) and I finally have gotten a chance to observe the beginnings of the water intrusion into my basement, rather than coming home and finding a puddle on the floor.

I've localized the water entry to two places - one, it's coming in underneath a window that's hidden under my deck, and two, it's also coming in through the wall somewhere above the bottom of the floor joists for the first floor.

I know that the window needs to be addressed by a professional (or at least a DIYer more experienced than I.) I suspect that the other water is coming in behind the large board that's attached to the outside wall of the house to support my deck. I'm thinking that flashing between the decking boards and the framing is probably the answer here? Any tips/how-tos on how to do this on a brick wall? I was planning on redoing the decking boards anyway next year so this is not a huge deal.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

"Nate Nagel" wrote

If you are re-doing it soonish, then I'd apply a large amount of caulking around that area for now.

Reply to
cshenk