stopping a leak in a basketball

I have a Wilson basketball that leaks strangely.
From the input valve, about 2 little bubbles a second.
Any suggestions on how to make it stop leaking?
What's strange is that when it was pretty firm, from a 6-inch hand pump, it didn't leak at all it seemed, for weeks. But when I got a better pump, an 18-inch pump that has a thing you can stand on while you pump, I got it up to full firmness, and only a day later, it was softer than when it stayed pretty firm for weeks.
I tried putting as much spit as I could on the needle, but I think most of it got wiped off when I put the needle in.
Buy another basketball??

I have another basketball.
What is the name of this group, xxx.repair, right? :)

auto part store. Just air the ball up to the max the insert the plug. Then you cut it flush. Otherwise buy a new one.

I don't think that will work in the input valve of the ball.
Don't you think anything much thicker than a basketball needle would rip the black valve?
Maybe the same rubber cement on a nail about the size of the needle would work better than spit, although it might not get inside either.

mm wrote:

Yes, stop putting air in it.

Put a bit of Slime in it. A product for ATV tires. Don't put a lot. The ball will roll a little wobbly until the Slime gets distributed evenly around the inner surface. Once it gets to where the leak is, it will dry and harden, and you won't have to put air in it again or as often.
If that doesn't work, buy another basketball.
Steve

interesting!

I wonder if "Fix-A-Flat" would work.
J/K