stop and waste valve help needed

can someone tell me where to find, if possible, what I'm looking for?
I have an exterior spigot on my house. It's just a regular spigot; inside the house there is a stop and waste valve to shut it off in the wintertime. I rebuilt the valve so I can shut it off, but it needs to be replaced as I can't turn it on (part of it is cracked, and when I cleaned all the lime and scale off of it when I rebuilt it it started leaking.) I can't find a new one with which to replace it!
This valve is mounted horizontally on the wall with the flow from left to right (as you look at the stem.) All I can seem to find are valves that flow from right to left. Does anyone know of a source for "backwards" S&W valves, preferably ball type (I'm starting to become a ball valve convert for reasons of better flow and lack of rubber washers and packing to replace, which seems to be a regular event whenever I touch a new valve around here,) or is a "simple" valve replacement that I was hoping to avoid in the first place going to involve a lot of replumbing?
There's another wrinkle to this which is that I have the same exact setup in another, less accessable location in the house and that valve also needs a rebuild. If I mung that up, I'm going to have the same problem but with a far greater PITA factor.
thanks,
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

You can do better than that. Probably won't even get a nibble let alone set the hook.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

I'm really not trolling, I can only find a S&W valve with the outlet on the right. If I were to use the ones all of my local stores sell (yes, including the Real Plumbing Store) then the "waste" feature would be useless as the little drain nipple would be on the inlet side, whereas I need it on the outlet side to let the pipe to the spigot drain dry.
I ASSume this is not a big deal when used on an overhead pipe as if it ends up oriented wrong you just flip the valve over, but in this app. it is important as I can only mount it exactly one way (stem facing away from the wall, flow from left to right, drain nipple on the outlet side facing down.) Otherwise I would have to run about 12' of new 1/2" copper from overhead to come in from the other side, remove the old tee, etc.
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Nate Nagel wrote:

Home Depot: http://tinyurl.com/3yt9p8
Ball stop/waste Left to right Stem/handle facing away from wall
They're really common, so you should be able to find them at other outlets too.

ball valves appear to never fail, i am slowly replacing all my valves with ball valves. the stems dont corrode in place, so in a emergency you dont find them impossible to move.........
Speedy Jim wrote:

What were your search terms? I just get "the product you are trying to view is not currently available." In fact, I can't find any valves at all on their shitty web site...
I believe I've ranted on here before about how worthless HD is, so I'm certain they don't stock this. (in no small part because I've looked for just this product every time I've been in the plumbing aisle just to see if I've missed something.)
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Nate Nagel wrote:

Link works here; maybe it's related to location.
Anyway: Store SKU# 295723 1/2 In. Full Port Solder Forged Brass Ball Valve With Drain
Model 107-553HC
Plug the SKU into your local store.
Speedy Jim wrote:

Nope, no workee.
that was enough to determine that that is a Mueller/B-K valve though, so your research was helpful. Now I just have to find someone that stocks it.
Do they make an opposite "handed" version by chance? just in case I ever need one of those? All the stores around here do stock Mueller/B-K but the only S&W valves they have are actual stop valves, and they flow in the opposite direction. Never actually seen a ball type S&W valve that I recall...
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

It would look like this (close):
http://www.hardwarestore.com/media/product/119263_front200.jpg
Oren --
Oren wrote:

but backwards, I assume. :(
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Speedy Jim - is your friend.
Oren --
Speedy Jim wrote:

Ah, I figured it out - I hadn't selected a store.
"not sold online."
GRR. bastards.
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Can't you just rotate it 90 or 180 degrees?
Can you just use a standard freezeproof faucet, which has the actual valve part inside the basement? I assume yours is in a basement. Larry
lp13-30 wrote:

I could, but the sillcock is actually hidden under a deck. I was going to extend it up above the deck which means maintaining the current setup would be preferable.
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
Nate Nagel wrote:

Someone may have already suggested this, but I didn't read the whole thread...
Ditch the double valve setup and replace it with a "frost proof sill cock", which is readily available and inexpensive. Basically the handle and spout are outside and the actual valve seat is inside. They also incorporate the vacuum breaker function required in the newer codes.