stone facing concrete block

I have some steps formed out of concrete block. I would like to face the block with stone. What mixture of mortar should I use? Any and all helpful hints for this project would be appreciated.

Reply to
Beeper

Check out the quickrete site for stone veneer instructions. Mortar mix should be thick enough to stick to back of stone and not run off. Wet the block first to keep it from sucking the moisture out of the mortar.

Reply to
No