Stolen trashcan

Regrettably, some were accidents, some were mistakes. Most, some say, simply needed killin'. An example would be the "technicals" in a Toyota pick-up with a .50 caliber machine gun attacking an Abrams main battle tank. Every time that happened, the average I.Q. of the Iraq nation went up.

Or maybe not. Many of these unorganized fighters came from outside Iraq.

Reply to
HeyBub

[...]

Get a new can (or find your old one).

Attach it to a 50' 3/8" cable which is securely anchored to a block of concrete buried in the ground.

Reply to
HeyBub

Huh? No relation between those two things whatsoever.

Water must be a deadly poison. Everyone who drinks it dies.

Reply to
salty

Maybe three fronts! If he has a GED certificate.

Reply to
Oren

I think we should have hung his horse.

-- "My doctor says I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fiber, and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."

Reply to
Oren

Hey, you were the one that Sadaam was the butt-buddy of Osama, continually counseling patience and Christian love for one's fellow man, until Osama (evidently) got drunk or went off his meds - which really can't be blamed on Sadaam.

Reply to
HeyBub

besides saddam is gone now and just the other day one of bin ladens buddies tried to blow up a airliner.......

besides these terrorists are not effective. if they really wanted to muck up our country they would of userd SAMs by now to take a few airliners down about the same time one day.

flying would stop, travel and tourism grind to a halt, our economy would tank for sure.

how many would fly with idiots shooting at airliners?

Reply to
hallerb

What? Saddam was Osama's enemy and helped keep him distracted. Given the chance, Saddam would have killed Bin Laden for us.

Reply to
salty

Those terrorists don't need anyting so fancy. They could easily plant bombs under rural roads and blow up a school bus every morning somewhere in the heartland. Cheap, impossible to stop, and boy would that get our attention!

Reply to
salty

yeah but blowing up busses would just enrage us

ending airplane based travel and tourism already weak from the economic dump, would cripple our economy.

9 11 was a supposed terrorist success, but taking out a nuke plant would of been far more effective. at a vulnerable location the mass evacuations and having a permanent dead zone in the US.......

more effective than taking out the twin towers, to the vast majority of americans it didnt effect them directly other than watching it on tv.

I feel terrible for those who lost loved ones.........

but just the chaos of a nuke plant or just its waste core pool being breached , old cores arent in a containment building:( just a industrial steel non hardened building.:(

since the terrorists have no value for life we are extremely vulnerable

Reply to
hallerb

Rational dictator is an oxymoron. No rational person would become a dictator.

A rational person would look at the history of dictatorships, realize that at some point in their rule, probably early on, that they're going to end up knifed, shot, hung, or beheaded. Very few manage to live out their natural lives, and even fewer of those manage to be the dictators of prosperous, popular nations. Rational people would know that the odds are stacked decisively against them, and would not take the job on a bet.

Reply to
mkirsch1

Saddam was just what the mid east needed. Brutal take no prisoners kill anyone, bluff having WMDs so iran wouldnt attack you He was like a control rod on a nuclear reactor.

Here what the chernobly area looks like, just think the terrorists could do this here:(

hallerb

Yeah, the entire country would be mad, but would just go on about their business.

Are you insane?

Reply to
salty

So exactly WHAT can we do?

Now we could claim bin ladens in pakistan currently shall we nuke it? Oh he moved to afghanistan:( Nuke it too:(

After 9 11 we mired ourselves in 2 wars, created way more terrorists because of GITMO.

So what do you recommend?

Reply to
hallerb

ahh the things that could have been. We should arm Saddam (in hell). I always thought it was a mistake to take the Ba'ath party apart. They may have been able to rally support for order. Sure would of been better than the clusterfuck that followed the invasion.

Reply to
Master Betty

We should of never invaded Iraq!!

But once we had we should of taken over but kept saddam as a puppet leader, on a short leash:)

Reply to
hallerb

You're probably right. Students of political science, however, agree that the best form of government (Churchill's notions notwithstanding) is one called Benevolent Despot.

Reply to
HeyBub

Well, if we had spent all the money we spent fighting those useless wars and simply used it to build houses, schools, hospitals, and other infrastructure for the people in Iraq, Pakistan and Afganistan, the terrorists would have been largely put out of business by now. Terrorists would have a pretty impossible time trying to recruit people that have a somewhat decent life already. They can only recruit people who see no other way to improve their situation. People who are not desperate, don't become human bombs. They have no motive to do so. How's that for starters?

Reply to
salty

GITMO is a poor argument. GITMO never caused people that want to kill us. It all started before GITMO. Besides, GITMO is fine run facility. Even when haters visit, they come away with a changed mind.

Rewards for capture of the bad guys was never excepted. Do they know how much a million ++++ is?

Well, the Poppy grower went back to growing poppy plants, after they were destroyed. Not much money these days a Arab grown tulips.

Reply to
Oren

I didn't mention GITMO, but you are 180 degrees from the truth about it's effect on the situation.

The problem is, you can never catch enough bad guys to solve the problem. Trying to fix this problem by catching or killing all the bad guys fits the "definition of insanity".

???

Reply to
salty