Stolen trashcan

Page 5 of 7

snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

As Representative Harper from South Carolina said: "Millions for defense, but not one penny for tribute!"
Further, if we had WANTED to spend money on roads and water projects, we would have done so.

Take two steps back. Virtually all the terrorists who have attacked the U.S. or U.S. interests have been middle class or better.

You are just plain nuts if you believe what you are saying.

What? Saddam was Osama's enemy and helped keep him distracted. Given the chance, Saddam would have killed Bin Laden for us.

ahh the things that could have been. We should arm Saddam (in hell). I always thought it was a mistake to take the Ba'ath party apart. They may have been able to rally support for order. Sure would of been better than the clusterfuck that followed the invasion.

We should of never invaded Iraq!!
But once we had we should of taken over but kept saddam as a puppet leader, on a short leash:)

I think we should have hung his horse.

-- "My doctor says I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fiber, and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."

Rational dictator is an oxymoron. No rational person would become a dictator.
A rational person would look at the history of dictatorships, realize that at some point in their rule, probably early on, that they're going to end up knifed, shot, hung, or beheaded. Very few manage to live out their natural lives, and even fewer of those manage to be the dictators of prosperous, popular nations. Rational people would know that the odds are stacked decisively against them, and would not take the job on a bet.
On Jan 18, 10:46�am, snipped-for-privacy@rochester.rr.com wrote:

Saddam was just what the mid east needed. Brutal take no prisoners kill anyone, bluff having WMDs so iran wouldnt attack you He was like a control rod on a nuclear reactor.
Here what the chernobly area looks like, just think the terrorists could do this here:(
http://www.nuclearflower.com/page.htm

You're probably right. Students of political science, however, agree that the best form of government (Churchill's notions notwithstanding) is one called Benevolent Despot.
Doug Miller wrote:

I never cease to be amazed at how some people give the President, any President of any party, powers that he doesn't have. They can not get it through their thick skulls that it's 535 disparate deranged goof balls who make the laws. I suppose it's so they can blame one guy for every problem because it's so much simpler for simple minds to grasp.
TDD
The Daring Dufas wrote: (snip)

At last, something we can agree on.
-- aem sends...
On Sun, 17 Jan 2010 00:06:43 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

I remember were I was when I got the call.

THEM sons a beaches can't even grow a healthy green lawn.

I ought to have wanted to kill that " bloodthirsty dictator". Remember the day he sat a hostage child on his lap, boasted to world on world media?
I would have personally disposed of him, but I wasn't in charge.

AND the Supreme Court strikes them down, hopefully O'bama Care.

Maybe he wants to go off about tankless water heaters?
(Doug Miller)

They need to do a celebrity death match. GW kicks ass!

george bush sent probably a million to death.
military on both sides, innocent civilians, and a smattering of executed prisoners.
there should be a special place in hell for him...........
unless god takes pity on the clueless and stupid.

I was talking about Celebrity Death Match GW. He should battle the Axis of Evil tag team with Cheney and Rice.

Forgot....Cheney could accidentally shot GW in the face with a shotgun.

You should be all set, then.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Regrettably, some were accidents, some were mistakes. Most, some say, simply needed killin'. An example would be the "technicals" in a Toyota pick-up with a .50 caliber machine gun attacking an Abrams main battle tank. Every time that happened, the average I.Q. of the Iraq nation went up.
Or maybe not. Many of these unorganized fighters came from outside Iraq.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Once the Taliban was kicked out of Afghanistan, there really wasn't much left to do there.
It's taken a few years for the Taliban to re-group, re-arm, and re-surgent.
Master Betty wrote:

Consider "Jane's Law" - The party in power is arrogant; the party out of power is insane.
There was some truth to that observation during the last administration. The Republicans had an aura of arrogance and the Democrats were certifiable, head-to-the-lab crazy.
Now in the current administration, the Democrats are certainly arrogance writ large, but I'm not willing to call the GOP insane. Withdrawn, sure. Sit in the corner and suck their thumbs, yep. But they're not carrying on like the third monkey on Noah's gangplank the way the Democrats did a couple of years ago.
Maybe there's an incubation period...