Stolen trashcan

Certainly not the VP. The Constitution explicitly states that anyone not eligible to be President is not eligible to be VP either. [Amendment XII]

The Constitution does not specify the line of succession beyond the VP, but explicitly grants Congress the power to do so [Article II, Section 1]. What restrictions Congress may have attached to the rest of the line of succession, I don't know.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Not just Obama. Probably nearly every President has needed to change his shorts after those briefings. One notable exception would have been George HW Bush, who was the Director of Central Intelligence in 76-77 and VP from 80-88; the briefings probably didn't tell him much that he didn't already know.

Harry Truman had _no_idea_ that the U.S. had a nuclear bomb program when he became President after FDR died: FDR had kept him completely in the dark. Talk about a "change your shorts" moment...

Probably nearly every President has said that, too.

Look at how the Presidency aged Jimmy Carter. He looked young and fit going in, and old, careworn, and used up on the way out just four years later.

Reply to
Doug Miller

I wouldn't want the job, everybody criticizing me and scrutinizing my every move and word. Plus the weight of the world on my shoulders, I would have to be plumb crazy to want to be President.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

They have more than one. Military guy, young, sometimes in civvies, tries to be invisible during photo ops, but never more than 50 feet away or so. If AF1 goes down, the backup guy is already en route to VPOTUS, etc.

-- aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

A friend of mine maintains that the mere fact that anyone wants to be President should be regarded as proof that he's unfit for the job.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Oh, brother!

Reply to
salty

Ah, but look at the advantages!

As George H.W. Bush said: "I am the President of the United States. If I say there is to be no broccoli on the menu, there will be NO broccoli on the menu!"

Reply to
HeyBub

Hey, I'm just reporting. There are those who say with a name like O'bama, he HAS to be Irish!

Reply to
HeyBub

Consider "Jane's Law" - The party in power is arrogant; the party out of power is insane.

There was some truth to that observation during the last administration. The Republicans had an aura of arrogance and the Democrats were certifiable, head-to-the-lab crazy.

Now in the current administration, the Democrats are certainly arrogance writ large, but I'm not willing to call the GOP insane. Withdrawn, sure. Sit in the corner and suck their thumbs, yep. But they're not carrying on like the third monkey on Noah's gangplank the way the Democrats did a couple of years ago.

Maybe there's an incubation period...

Reply to
HeyBub

I dunno. When Biden cribbed his speeches from various British politicians, did he Americanize the spellings?

Even so, the gal Obama's campaigning for this Sunday can't spell "Massachusetts."

Too many politicians went to government schools, you ask me.

Reply to
HeyBub

The other thing is that the person spelled potato correctly, Quayle said good job, looked at the card he had been given BY THE TEACHER, asked if this was correct, was assured BY THE TEACHER that it was, indeed spelled potatoe. Then and only then, did he say otherwise. Until about 3 years ago, the original story was available saying the same thing.. on the Washington Post website.

Less concerned about the VP and more concerned about the teachers the NEA is foisting on us.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

This info for the OP.

You have been selected by aliens as a test case:( They harvested your DNA from your trash and can.

Very soon they will steal you away like your can, its already at their alien planet. YOU NEXT!

Personally I wish some alien had taken bush away before he was president, cause he left a big mess......

Even better bush #1 his mom and dad should of had him aborted, since he was a abortion as president!

Reply to
hallerb

You have one of the most severe and persistent cases of Bush Derangement Syndrome I've seen yet. It takes a special sort of mental illness to turn a complaint about a missing trash can into a vicious, barely-literate diatribe against a President who's been out of office for a YEAR. You really should seek professional help.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Bush left our country of 2 useless wars, destabilized the mid east, removing saddam was a terrible move, created the patriot act costing our countrys citizens many constutional rights, trashed our international reputation. and stood by clueless while our country nearly had a depression. if the sub primers had been tossed a life preserver early on the bank collapse wouldnt of occured, and obama wouldnt of been forced to spend trillions we dont have on stimulus.

NOTE: bush did nothing about the fiancial collapse till it started to effect the republicans partys base, the super wealthy wall streeters:(

but hey whatever..........

My suggestion to the OP attach a gps tracker device to all his cans, so he can retrieve them in the future:)

I see you have no sense of humor? How sad:(

Reply to
hallerb

You must have missed the memo:

salty

Apparently you've forgotten that we were attacked.

News flash, genius boy: the Middle East has *never* been stable.

Removing the most bloodthirsty dictator since Stalin was a "terrible move"? You're an idiot.

False. Back to grade school civics class for you, fool. *Congress* makes laws, not the President.

No point in continuing this. You clearly have *no* idea at all what you're talking about.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Not by Iraq.

Yes, it was a stupid move. Saddam was one of the factors holding down Bin Laden, aqnd was essentially no threat at all to the U.S. Removing him was a big favor to one of our REAL enemies.

Reply to
salty

But I like broccoli. I even like Broccoli movies. 8-)

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

He's Black Irish or the Irish claim him because they drink a lot.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I never cease to be amazed at how some people give the President, any President of any party, powers that he doesn't have. They can not get it through their thick skulls that it's 535 disparate deranged goof balls who make the laws. I suppose it's so they can blame one guy for every problem because it's so much simpler for simple minds to grasp.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas