stinky shower drain

I have a weird problem. I have 1 shower drain in the house that smells like sulfur. No other drains or hot water outlets in the house smell. Just the one in my shower. It only smells after I have been running the hot water for about 2-3 minutes. It doesn't smell during the day or night, but just when the hot water has been recently used, and after a couple minutes at that. I have tried drano, bleach, and other cleaners but have no luck.
Any ideas? I appreciate all the help.
Thanks,
Jeff snipped-for-privacy@aol.com
You could be getting sewer gas coming back through the pipe. You could try and trace the buildings vent pipes and check that that drain line has a proper vent, and that vent is not plugged. Brad Jeff wrote:

...because, am I right about this, without proper venting the water can be sucked out of the trap, allowing sewer gases to escape from the drain?
Greg Guarino
Jeff wrote:

How does a large quantity of hot water smell? Try filling your washing machine with hot water, and smell that. If you can smell it then, you probably have an anode problem in the water heater.
--
Grandpa

What is that dripping from my fingers?
Grandpa wrote:

I can fill the bathtub in the other bathroom on the same floor (upstairs) and there is no odor. Just in the shower drain.
Jeff wrote:

I used to get the same behavior is one shower in a home I used to own.
Two suggestions:
IMO you might have have hair. skin, soap, dirt buildup in the local drain; trying a plunging the drain
Try this product (also available from ZEP) should be at HD, Ace or just about any home improvemnt / hardware store. The stuff really works; I use it a couple of times per year. One container will easily last more than a year.
http://www.mclendons.com/item.asp?sku 224170&cat=Plumbing&subcat1=Drain+Openers+%26+Pipe+Cleaners&subcat2 cheers Bob
it's your water heater see full repair info at: http://www.waterheaterrescue.com/pages/WHRpages/English/Troubleshooting/stinky-water-in-hot-water-heaters.html
Jeff wrote:

Have you removed the actual drain cover or just poured the cleaner down there ? If not, pull off the cover and have a look down the drain for globs of hair, goo etc