Stimulus Check

Savings account at 3% interest? You'd have been better off to buy gasoline, or canned foods.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon
15 galons at 4 a galon. 15 x 4 = 60.
Reply to
Stormin Mormon

If you're a member of the Obama family.

HeyBub

I read it cost between $30 and $40 million to send out those letters.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

"Big difference between *paying* and *filing*. You can file and not pay. You can even file, get all of your payroll taxes back plus a little extra: "The Earned Income Credit (EIC), also known as the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC), is an important anti-poverty and work incentive program that is run by the federal government. The EIC is targeted to individuals and especially families who earn low to moderate wages. If a worker qualifies, the EIC will lower or eliminate any taxes owed. If a worker is not obligated to pay any taxes or if the credit is larger than any taxes owed, the worker will receive a cash payment ("refund") from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) after filing a tax return. In such instances, the government is providing low-income workers additional money beyond what they get paid at their jobs to encourage work and to reduce poverty." Earned Income Credit or EIC is just another form of Welfare."

-------------------- And you just know there are young mothers who've figured out 20k a year is about the perfect income for the highest EIC payment with no taxes paid on their part.. 3 Kids or more also give the highest payout at that income...

You can also get that money included in your paycheck every week and not have to wait to get it at the end of the year. All they do is fill out the earned income advance form with the IRS. I forget the form number.

Basically they're being paid to have kids.. No one said anything about being responsable for them though..That doesn't affect the payout a bit..

Reply to
in2-dadark

Well, are the fathers helping to support these kids? Very likely not....

Reply to
KLS

I thought the exact same thing. How much money got wasted mailing those damn letters out? I think I got at least two personally. I already knew about the program, no need to send me a letter in the mail telling me about it.

In my case the program failed miserably; it went immediately into my paltry savings account in an attempt to bulk it up. I didn't spend any money that I wouldn't have anyway. From reading a lot of the responses it seems that a lot of other people are doing the same thing or else paying off debt already incurred.

nate

Reply to
N8N

"Well, are the fathers helping to support these kids? Very likely not...."

----------

Not sure what country you live in but here in 'merica it is not profitable to keep dad in the picture. You can get him to pay child support (non taxable), alientate him from his kids (brainwash them) and hook up with another dude (and milk his bank account as well) all without getting married and still qualify for this 'welfare' progam. It's called 'working the system' girlfriend.

Most of these ho's in 'merica have baybays by different fathers and these females don't do this with 'keeping the father in the picture' in mind.

This working of the system has systmatically lead to our current fatherless society with all its ills and this sense of entitlement that is so pervasive..

Reply to
in2-dadark

Your misogyny is breathtaking. Are you a member of the Yearning for Zion collective?

Reply to
KLS

Intact nuclear families are eligible for the EIC if the total family income is low enough. We got it one time when I was out of work for about 6 months. That was 21 years ago. We got back about $500 more than we paid in Federal income taxes. We've more than made up for it since then.

Ken

Reply to
NapalmHeart

Intact nuclear families are eligible for the EIC if the total family income is low enough. We got it one time when I was out of work for about 6 months. That was 21 years ago. We got back about $500 more than we paid in Federal income taxes. We've more than made up for it since then. Ken

Never said they weren't. But those working the system often do the math and find being unmarried is more profiatble...

Reply to
in2-dadark