Stimulus Check

Page 3 of 3

Isn't that the stupidest? Damn senseless government, but it doesn't matter, it's not their money! Mike
I also wondered about that. Your tax dollars being wasted. Just think of thousands of postal drivers hauling around in trucks delivering a letter that says you're about to get a letter. And the printing, and envelope stuffing and all. Amazing waste of money.
Amazing Waste Lyrics Christopher Young (1967-2039) Stanza 6 anon.
Amazing Waste, how sweet the sound, That sent a check to me. I once was poor but now am funded, Was peniless, but now money for me.
T'was Gov't that taught my heart to fear. And Gov't, my fears relieved. How precious did that Gov't appear The hour I first believed.
Through many dangers, toils and periods of unemployment I have already come; 'Tis Gov't that brought me safe thus far in my hybrid gas saver auto and Gov't will lead me to a Medicare retirement home.
The presidential candidates has promised good to me. His campaign promises my hope secures. He will my desert shield and retirement fund and medicare and medicaid be, As long as the federal deficit spending endures.
Yea, when this flesh and heart shall fail, probably due to cholesterol, And Medicare and Medicaid shall cease, due to lack of funding, I shall possess within the privately funded, non governmental supported home A life of joy and peace as far as is legally permitted by safety regulations. When we've been here ten thousand years or some other period of time Bright shining as the sun. Or maybe just delerious due to medication We've no less days to sing God's praise in a nondenominational manner Than when we've first begun as the land of the free and home of the brave
Amazing Waste, how sweet the sound, of the letter in the mail box That saved a wretch like me from peniless despair. I once was lost but now am found, at least when my check arrives Was blind, but now I see how generous government is with my tax payer dollars.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

I read it cost between $30 and $40 million to send out those letters.

I thought the exact same thing. How much money got wasted mailing those damn letters out? I think I got at least two personally. I already knew about the program, no need to send me a letter in the mail telling me about it.
In my case the program failed miserably; it went immediately into my paltry savings account in an attempt to bulk it up. I didn't spend any money that I wouldn't have anyway. From reading a lot of the responses it seems that a lot of other people are doing the same thing or else paying off debt already incurred.
nate
On Fri, 11 Jul 2008 12:12:47 -0400, jack wrote:

I didn't get a refund either. A one-time capital gains kicked me out of the program yet a couple earning more than my capital gains is eligible and can also get extra per kid.
Nothing like a system that is skewed toward fairness, eh?

Franz Fripplfrappl
On Jul 11, 12:38 am, "Stormin Mormon"

When I got my $300 payment for voting for GW the first time, I did what any good republican would do put it towards my first AR-15 rifle.
All this time I've been wondering when I'd get the $300 check for my second vote. Better late than never, I guess.
This time it'll probably go towards the Glock 30 I've always wanted.
On Fri, 11 Jul 2008 12:17:49 -0700 (PDT), The Reverend Natural Light

I'm not MAD.
Even a "uniform allowance" from the government over many tax years provided me with a large collection of fishing rods and reels :)
Give it and I will spend it.

All these responses, and nobody said, I put it in savings. That's what I did. Mike

That's what I would have done if I didn't have bills coming in. I still put in the same amount of savings as I do every moth. It's just that the bills go up about 2% each month and the income doesnst.
Savings account at 3% interest? You'd have been better off to buy gasoline, or canned foods.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote: