Stimulus Check

Page 1 of 3
About three c'notes. Now, how to spend it. Ideas, anyone?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Fill your gas tank? Buy a week's groceries?
✖
On Thu 10 Jul 2008 09:51:35p, RicodJour told us...

We paid bills with ours, $600 each for the two of us.
--
Wayne Boatwright
✖

Saved ours to pay next winter's bills for heating oil. Seriously.
Add pictures here
✖

I'm deciding between a luxury yacht or my prescription medicines or food.
Add pictures here
✖
You remember some decades ago. The big expression was "heat or eat". Senior citizens didn't get enough tax payer dollars from Social Insecurity. They found some old lady and set her up in a studio with a can of dog food.
You're the modern version "Yacht or eat".
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

It costs me $60 to fill a Mitsu 3000 GT. Small car. Small tank, Premium fuel only :-(
How can you fill the tank of a van for $60 even if it is regular?!!!!
Add pictures here
✖

If you only fill one of the two tanks. My old Ford Econline had two tanks which took $25 each to fill up (back when gas was $2 or less). That's one of the reasons I'm thrilled to death that I no longer have to travel to Ren Faires to make money. Sold the van and never looked back! Plus, I don't have to pitch a tent in the pre-dawn hours now that I'm in my 50s. Was a goal in my 40s that I hit early, thank doG.
Add pictures here
✖

Both my cars have 16+ gallon tanks. 16 x 4.07 = 65.12
I took my wife's car to work yesterday (because it needed gas) and put in only $40. Then I took an unexpected 150 mile trip and this time filled the tank for another $52. I never spent that much in a single day even driving cross country.
Add pictures here
✖
15 galons at 4 a galon. 15 x 4 = 60.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Dont spend it, invest it, let it make you money for a change :-) Eric
Add pictures here
✖

Mine went to the oil bill.
Add pictures here
✖
wrote Re Re: Stimulus Check:

And from there to the Arabs :=(
Add pictures here
✖

So did mine.
Add pictures here
✖

My $600 went to paying estimated (3-month) Federal Income taxes. Why can't they just lower taxes? It's an endless cycle, no wonder this country is in the tank.
Add pictures here
✖

Or they could just pay their bills.
Add pictures here
✖
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Much of my oh-so-stimulating $139.46 bought me another actual made-in-USA dive light (UK C8 eLED). The rest went to other odds and ends.
Add pictures here
✖
On Fri, 11 Jul 2008 00:38:36 -0400, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Yes. Donate to the Republican party so they can work to put more people in power who will circumvent the constitution and erode the rights of Americans.
Second idea: spend it quickly while the $300 is still worth $100.

Franz Fripplfrappl
✖