Still more on Prius runaway

Page 7 of 7

On Mar 19, 7:36 am, snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

I tried your link. Wouldn't load for me.
Further search showed there was a "small box for batteries".
The 'box' you are looking at is the extension on the bottom of the balloon to make it look like that one in an early Sci Fi film - it also contained helium.
Harry K
Add pictures here
✖
On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 13:28:39 -0700 (PDT), Harry K

>>>http://wwwimage.cbsnews.com/images/2009/10/15/image5387411x.jpg-Hidequoted text -

Incorrect - as the photo of the box with the door open clearly shows.
Add pictures here
✖
On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 13:28:39 -0700 (PDT), Harry K

Was he transporting batteries, or were the batteries meant to power something on the balloon? I think the latter. So what was powered by the batteries and where was it?

Add pictures here
✖
On Mar 20, 5:50 am, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

Well, then you are stuck with why they were frantically searching for him inside it at the end.
I sure would like to see a cite (I can't find one) on what the searchers had (or have) to say on the subject.
Harry K
Add pictures here
✖

What would you do? Just walk away and not take the extra 5 minutes to look everywhere? How would anyone at the scene know exactly how the balloon was or was not constructed. I could make a balloon that looks round, like a single compartment, and in fact have a divider in it with the helium in the upper part and a separate section at the bottom with air that a child could fit into. The live videos of the balloon that I saw wouldn't lead me to believe it was impossible for a boy to be in the bottom of it. In fact, it looked like there could be a space at the bottom for a boy. I see a trend here. Just like in the cases of all the runaway Toyotas, you are quick to jump to conclusions and just close the book without all the facts or a complete investigation. If not, I don't see why you would expect rescue workers to do anything other than do a complete search of the balloon.

Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote the following:

In the video, as the balloon takes off and the father thinks the boy is in the balloon, he kick something in anger. That's when I doubted his story. Your kid could be in a life threatening situation and you get mad?

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

What cite was that? I provided links PHOTOGRAPHS of the box, including a phot with the door open.
You claim something that NO ONE else claims, and you say you base it on listening to the radio.
Sorry, but "troll" fits you like a glove on this subject.
Add pictures here
✖
On Mar 20, 8:39 am, snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

Only every reporter during the situation kept repeating the "in the baloon"...and yes, they _may_ have been referign to in a box. Unlike you, I am open to changing my mind when and if proof is provided. I provided one cite that said "there was not box attached".
I think it was CL who had a post with two cites, one worked, one didnt'. Beging on dial-up I usually do not go to links.
If you provide the one with the "door open' again (if it was yours) I will try it.
No, i am not a troll. I am seeing an honest difference of opinion on which one side (me) is willing to listen to the other side, your side is not.
Harry K
Add pictures here
✖