Stihl Trimmer Bites the Dust

I bought a Stihl FS36 Autocut 10 gas string trimmer in October of 1994. I use it to clear by back hillside of tall weeds about twice a year. It's an 8 hour job, and the trimmer will go all day. It's given me great use, but today it started once, stopped, and now when I pull the cord, it just clatters. I took it apart as much as I could, but now it's just a bunch of pieces on my garage floor, and I couldn't get to the crank, which is where I suspect the problem lies.
Anyway, I'm going to buy another gas string trimmer. (Getting parts for this old model is very difficult.) Since I had such good performance with my Stihl, I'd like to get another Stihl. Can anyone tell me which model is the new equivalent of the Sthil FS36 Autocut 10 that I purchased in 1994? I've been to the Stihl site, but it's hard to tell.
Or, does anyone have another brand by which they swear?
Thanks, my weeds are already 3' with all the rain we've had.
Bruce
Bruce wrote:

Worth looking at Shindaiwa as well, the folks who came up with the popular flap drums. Fantastic engines on their equipment, I have the T270 trimmer / brush cutter and a 488 chain saw, both work flawlessly with minimal maintenance. You'll only find the Shindaiwa stuff at "real" power equipment places, not Home Depot or Lowe's.
Pete C.
Check out the FS110 4 stroke. you'll love the power, the lack of noise, and fuel economy.
--
Steve Barker

"Bruce" < snipped-for-privacy@netscape.net> wrote in message
On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 04:29:33 GMT, "Steve Barker LT"

Second that notion.. except for the fuel econ...
I have a KM110R and LOVE IT!..