Stihl or Husqvarna?

Page 2 of 3
On Tue, 20 Jan 2009 16:46:54 -0800 (PST), ransley

"business I lose"?? You flippin moron. You dont actually think I solicit business here do you? You really are a stupid little girl. Bubba

I see you DEMAND, your posts are deleted here after 6 days, you are so embaresssed yr a hack boi crack head............................................Joke as it is...............................................................
On Wed, 21 Jan 2009 19:05:34 -0800 (PST), ransley

Once again, you prove you cant read nor comprehend. Never have and never will solicit business on a newsgroup. Nit-wit and a pinhead. You should just go bash your head in now. Bubba

Anybody reading you wont hire you. You loose business, unless all your customers dont have computers which would not be suprising.

Echo motors I believe have the longest hour rating with semi synthetic, a 300 hour rating, some models have chrome sleves and 2 piston rings. Check engine ratings many are 50 hours. I believe this is pollution rating by EPA. Buy it as a consumer and its a 5 yr warranty.

Get a hand saw. If you don't know anything about chainsaws to the degree that you are looking for one you can operate with one hand, that's what you're going to end up with. One hand.
If it is that tight, and the branches are that small, get some good loppers or an electric. If you really need an arborist chain saw, get either, as they are good, and read the directions where it plainly says TWO HANDS ONLY.
Steve
"SteveB" wrote

thanks for yelling at me. I only have one hand, thus the question.
feel better now?

He wasn't yelling- he was telling you the truth. You could lose more than your remaining hand by using a chain saw one handed. Watching you start it should be a real treat.
They make excellent electric loppers that can be safely operated one handed- and can cut up to about 4".
Chances are your remaining hand is attached to a strong arm. You'd be surprised how much you can cut with an arm powered saw that is kept sharp and set.
Jim
Jim Elbrecht wrote:

You of course do know that all the manufacturers of professional grade chain saws make compact abborist models designed for single handed operation...
Pete C. wrote:

Yep, and they all come with a little warning sticker on the top-handle that says "Do not operate this saw one-handed, wink, wink"
A shark-toothed pruning saw (Fiskar's makes a good one with a retractable blade) is just as fast up to about 2" if the wood is not dead and dry.
Bob
zxcvbob wrote:

Exactly. All chain saws also come with a useless anti-kickback chain that the pros throw out as well and replace with a real non-anti-kickback chain with all the warning labels.

All saws do not come that way. No saw bought from a real dealer will.
Harry K

Wrong. They all make pro grade saws designed to be as compact as possible (thus top handle) and every one comes with warnings saying not to use them one handed. I'm not sure but I think even OSHA has work place rules banning that use.
Harry K

Please post a picture of such. All the saws I have seen, including the small electrics have a place for BOTH hands to rest. Oh, yes, I imagine one COULD operate them one handed, and those guys are usually have nicknames like Stumpy and Lefty. The Shindaiwa you posted has a place for two hands, and even a spring loaded safety brake just like a real chain saw.
Steve
SteveB wrote:

It has the second handle, since you should use it when conditions allow, however the top handle and balance is intended to allow one handed operation as is often required when working up in a tree. The lawyer required warnings of course warn against that, but everyone knows what the saw is designed for.

To keep repeating BS does not change it to gold.
Harry K
wrote

If everyone knew what the saw was designed for, we would have no lawyers.
Steve

No. I feel sorry for anyone who would endanger their only remaining hand. Don't tell me......... you lost your other hand in a chain saw accident.
You're just a troll.
Steve
SteveB wrote:

no, I lost it overseas in Afghanistan

Well, take good care of the one you have left.
Steve