Stihl or Husqvarna?

Geebus, whatever website you're fishing for, they need to hire less obvious fisheridiots. -----

- gpsman

Reply to
gpsman

goal is the be

What a screwball-nutcase you are. I buy what is best and Echos motors are best bottleboy.

Reply to
ransley

goal is the be

No, you are a tight wad.....period. You buy what is cheapest and Echo is definitely cheaper. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Now THAT should be added to the other bumper stickers that say "Real Women Drive Trucks" and "Real Women Ride Motorcycles" (which I had on my car before it was stolen, dammit): Real Women Carve Trees.

Reply to
KLS

the goal is the be

ut am willing to

I wonder how much business you loose from posting crap. Echo last longer moron.

Reply to
ransley

No. I feel sorry for anyone who would endanger their only remaining hand. Don't tell me......... you lost your other hand in a chain saw accident.

You're just a troll.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

You of course do know that all the manufacturers of professional grade chain saws make compact abborist models designed for single handed operation...

Reply to
Pete C.

Pete C.

Yep, and they all come with a little warning sticker on the top-handle that says "Do not operate this saw one-handed, wink, wink"

A shark-toothed pruning saw (Fiskar's makes a good one with a retractable blade) is just as fast up to about 2" if the wood is not dead and dry.

Bob

Reply to
zxcvbob

Wrong. They all make pro grade saws designed to be as compact as possible (thus top handle) and every one comes with warnings saying not to use them one handed. I'm not sure but I think even OSHA has work place rules banning that use.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

"Pete C." wrote

I notice that has a safety bar brake. Just how does that operate one handed? If the hand in question is working the throttle control?

Huh? I hope you are not suggesting that this saw is a one handed saw.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

"Pete C." wrote

Please post a picture of such. All the saws I have seen, including the small electrics have a place for BOTH hands to rest. Oh, yes, I imagine one COULD operate them one handed, and those guys are usually have nicknames like Stumpy and Lefty. The Shindaiwa you posted has a place for two hands, and even a spring loaded safety brake just like a real chain saw.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

One hand only, forget a chain saw look at an electric recriprocating like a Saws all but dual blade designed for wood, maybe Bosch. There are some cheap ones that clamp and may work, it will be slower but safer.

Reply to
ransley

-snip-

Could you show me in the manual how they suggest you operate that saw with one hand?

Jim [I wanted to point you to their warnings which I imagine are there- but shindaiwa doesn't seem to put their manuals online. Here's the manual for Stihl's MS192T - another top handle arborist saw- 3 pounds lighter than the Shindaiwa

English pages;; p3 "Do not operate a chainsaw with one hand. Serious injury to the operator, helpers, bystanders, or any combination of these persons may result from one handed operation. a chainsaw is intended for two-handed use." p4 "keep a good firm grip on the saw with both hands" p11 "Never attempt to operate the saw with one hand." "Always hold the saw firmly with both hands" "To reduce the risk of serious injury to the operator or bystanders, never use saw with one hand." p12 "This rule against one handed operation applies also for those compact saws for use in confined spaces." p17 "Hold the saw firmly with both hands"

Seems fairly clear-- the manufacturer would like you to use 2 hands.]

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

Do you not understand how a chain saw bar brake operates? Yes, that saw is specifically designed for one handed operation while up in a tree.

Reply to
Pete C.

No, the manufacturer's lawyers require them to include that language. The professionals using that saw in the real world (some place lawyers are afraid to venture) know how to use the saw properly. It's the same reason that all chain saws come with useless anti-kickback chains which the pros throw out and replace with the professional grade non-anti-kickback chains that actually work and come in a package with

47,000 lawyer required warnings on it.
Reply to
Pete C.

Could you show us something from the manufacturer that confirms that?

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

Exactly. All chain saws also come with a useless anti-kickback chain that the pros throw out as well and replace with a real non-anti-kickback chain with all the warning labels.

Reply to
Pete C.

It has the second handle, since you should use it when conditions allow, however the top handle and balance is intended to allow one handed operation as is often required when working up in a tree. The lawyer required warnings of course warn against that, but everyone knows what the saw is designed for.

Reply to
Pete C.

"Specialized low-noise, top-handle arborist saw. Extra power, balance, and short bar length make it an ideal in-tree unit." is as close as you will get to confirmation thanks to the asinine lawyers.

Reply to
Pete C.