Stihl MS200T stalling on idle after running

I have a Stihl ms200t chainsaw that keeps on trying to sputter out after doing a cut. If I pulse the throttle I can usually get it back to life but I need to hold it at high revs for a while, or else it will stall. What should I look for to fix this problem? Gas is fresh and air filter is clean. Saw is not too old.

Cheers

Dean

Reply to
dean

If it were mine I would first change the plug and make sure all the screws that hold everything together are tight and no air leaks and the gas cap is allowing air to enter the tank. I have seen a few with loose fittings and even the bolts/screws that hold the jug on were loose and leaking around the base. If that don't fix it, try adjusting the idle and air/fuel mixture. You can try adjusting first, but that usually is a waste of time if it hasn't been screwed with before.

Hank

Reply to
Hustlin' Hank

Carbon clogged muffler?

Reply to
Oren

Thanks, will do. How can I tell if the tank is breathing? I checked the muffler screen (it was actually tough to find that one, lol) and it was clear.

Reply to
dean

Take it to a repair shop. The problem likely is the pricey little fuel hose assemblies. I suffered with that on a MS 180 from day one. After

2 years finally gave it away to a friend with real talent for dealing with stubborn chainsaws and he was finally able to revive it after $$ and time. Replaced it with an electric which never fails to run. First Stihl I had lasted 12 years. The MS 180 was the last one I will ever buy.

Joe

Reply to
Joe