Stihl Chainsaw Maintenance Question

Hi -- I'm in the process of cleaning out the clutch assembly of my Stihl 25 (lots of melted plastic/other residue caked in the assy). I was able to remove the clutch shoes (3) without removing the Carrier, but I can't replace the clutch shoes, retainers, and springs with the Carrier in place.
How do I remove the Carrier? The spare parts list seems to indicates threads on the carrier assembly, but no luck on removing by rotating the Carrier.
Any ideas?
Thanks -- Bob
The clutch assembly has left hand threads. I usually can get them off by using a blunt punch and a hammer and giving a couple of blows in the right direction which would be clockwise as viewed from looking down on it.
On 17 Nov 2003 23:19:41 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Randd01) wrote (with possible editing):

Sometimes a little heat applied to the assembly helps as well. Don't heat the shaft!
--
Larry
Email to rapp at lmr dot com