Stiff Shower Head

Gents:

I have a standard/low price shower head that has gotten stiff/difficult to swivel.

Does anyone have suggested lubricants, such as the manufacturer may have used, that won't wash away the first few uses?

ajk

Reply to
Newbie

Vaseline works best. Make sure to put lots of it in your ears. Hopefully that should loosen your brain a bit so you'll loosen your wallet a bit and spend a few bucks on a good shower head, you tight ass!

Reply to
Bubba

Run some cold water and the stiff head will go away....

Reply to
Red Neckerson

"Bubba >" Vaseline works best. Make sure to put lots of it in your ears.

Don't be so hard on the guy. All he needs is a little bacon drippings and it will loosen right up. Cheap and readily available.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Since none of us make these things, it's hard to tell what (if anything) is used by the mfg to lubricate it. The thing may swivel originally, because it's clean and polished. Shower heads are cheap - as you say.

If you want to, remove it, spray some WD-40 where you can and give it some exercise. It should loosen it up. Vaseline may work too, but will not get inside of it. These things are not made to be taken apart AFAIK.

Rich

Reply to
RichK

How long did it take to get that way?

I don't think the mfg uses anything, but I could be wrong.

I would like to wait for the answer to my question at the top, but for the sake of time, I'd just move the head around until it moved freely. That should do it for a few years.

I still take showers occasionally and I have had no desire to move my shower head ever since I got it right the first time.

mm

I upgraded to a shower wand. It has occasional advantages when showering BUT!!!

It Really shines when cleaning the shower tub!!!

Saves all that cups of water mess while doing a much better job!

Reply to
hallerb