Stiff diverter rod

The tub/shower diverter rod has become rather stiff. Believe the unit is a Pfister based upon the unit used in another bath.
I've been using vinegar to free it up which has had only limited success. Might something like a light machine oil help?
On 8/20/2015 4:29 PM, Chiefjim wrote:

Is this part exposed to water? If so, need a lubricant that is less likely to get washed away. Without seeing it, I'd consider spray white lithium grease.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

They make a waterproof lube that might work> I use it on the O rings of my pool equipment and other neoprene connections. Ought work on the diverter http://www.homedepot.com/b/Plumbing/N-5yc1vZbqew/Ntt-waterproof%2520grease?NCNI-5&selectedCatgry=Plumbing