Sticky windows

I have a 17 year old cedar log home with Andersen windows. I like to lower the top section of one of the windows to access a bird feeder. This section is getting quite sticky and hard to lower and raise. I tried putting some wax on the sliding surfaces which does help somewhat. Is there anything else I can do?

---MIKE---

>In the White Mountains of New Hampshire >> (44=B0 15' N - Elevation 1580')
Reply to
---MIKE---

Silicone spray. But the problem could be house settlement and no lubricant can solve that.

---MIKE---

Reply to
Art

New Hampshire

I empathise with Art. - I had a patio window that was "victim" to my house settling. It WOULD NOT BUDGE! I chose to measure the frame bordering it as I found that the entire bordering wall had sunken and the window slats had buckled, causing the window to become immovable. I ended up doing a little "creative sanding" with my disk sander (I ended up shaving off almost 1/2 inch!) and it fit! GOOD LUCK! ~Charles in Texas

Reply to
DUTCHMAN-101