sticky floor tile?

We moved into this home a couple of years ago. The master bath had carpet. When we removed it, we found tile in perfect shape. However, there is a problem. We've tried all kinds of things with no solution.
After the tile is cleaned, it looks great. BUT, when you walk on it, the floor seems kind of sticky and it pulls the dirt off your shoe (or even socks for that matter) and the floor looks dirty after walking across it just a few times. We usually walk around in the house our socks or houseshoes and even though the socks may have come fresh from the washer and dryer, the floor will "pull" the dirt or dust out of the socks on the floor. It's like a magnet.
We've used stripper, we've tried using a floor wax, we've gone to the tile store and bought professional cleaner and tile treatment (I can't remember the brand, but was recommended by the sales clerk).
Has anyone else had this problem, and what solutions do you have. It's driving me bananas!
Debbie
Tried a product called "Goo- Gone" yet?

No, that's one I haven't tried! I have some in the garage and will try it on a section and see. Although, you'd think that stripper would have gotten whatever it is on the floor. However, anything is worth a try. Thanks for the suggestion.
Debbie

Depends on how sexy that stripper is, and if they stripped completely before cleaning the floor !!!!