sticky-fingers repairman

I'm not saying it's the correct thing to do (and I wouldn't like it if it happened), but maybe he used yours to save a trip? Then threw it in his bag by mistake?

I would call the company and ask if he might have picked it up. If you do happen to find it later, you can call them back and tell them (the same person) you found it. But to let it go (if you really think he's got it) is just letting a potential theft 'get away with it'.

I'm a business owner and I would want to know if an employee was a potential thief. You can't know something that goes unreported!!! Like the other poster said, if the owner/manager gets more reports... they will have a record of previous calls.

Reply to
<kjpro

Probably left it at his last job, and needed another one.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I&#39;d expect at least a few contractors to use HF tools. I know I do. I&#39;ve got HF volt meters in various tool boxes. For what I do, they work fine.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

"Other"

You mean like your busted door jams and ripping off little, drunk, old ladies?

Reply to
<kjpro

They stole a new makerer (huge/big one) off the site the other day.

Just write "dead man" on your tools. :-)

-- Oren

"I didn?t say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you."

Reply to
Oren

I was just joking. I have a bunch of HF tools that work fine too.

I&#39;m only a DIY guy, and for example, I would never have bought a hammer drill if it weren&#39;t very cheap.

Reply to
mm

Stormin is a DIY guy too... sorry for the insult. :-)

Reply to
<kjpro

Call the repairman and ask if he has seen it. Being 99% sure doesn&#39;t do much without proof.

Reply to
Phisherman

Like most said, probably a mistake, or at least easily claimed as one. Not like the sunglasses that disappeared when I had carpet installed recently. I have an entire toolbox a tree guy left at my place almost five years ago. I called the company at least 3 times and left it under my carport for someone to pick up for a year. Now it&#39;s in the shed. I barely looked in it, but seems full of useful stuff.

Reply to
frank megaweege

Finding the keyboard operational George Becker entered:

By all means call the company and ask. It&#39;s not all that unusual for a tradesman to pick up a tool that isn&#39;t his. Not deliberatly, just happens if you aren&#39;t careful. I used to have all kinds of equipment left behind and customer stuff brought back by techs after field calls. I seem to have the opposite problem with things being left behind. like 50 feet of coax from a sat. dish install, a ladder, lots of hand tools and a couple of DMMs. I usually call the company and let them know but most times they say "Keep it". They did pickup the ladder. :) Bob

--

-- Coffee worth staying up for - NY Times

The Other Funk

Don&#39;t try to drag me into your petty fights and I won&#39;t get into your petty fights.

Reply to
mm

Thanks for a high class, noble answer.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

"frank megaweege" wrote

Had a guy come lay some travertine tile. About twenty squares, which he put on with four blobs of mud, one on each corner. He wanted a lot more money after putting down twenty large squares. You could hear the hollow sounds, and I knew it would not be long before they would crack. He never came back. He left a Metabo grinder, a nice wet tile saw, a 6&#39; Metabo level, and some various cheap tools.

I sent him a registered letter letting him know he had abandoned the work and tools, and demanded payment for the tiles he had incorrectly installed. I never heard from him.

I have absolutely no problem using those tools, as I figure I paid more than they were worth.

The next guy on the scene did a beautiful job on the travertine.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

A $10 multimeter? Forget about it. Probably picked it up by mistake. I am sure he has left tools all over the place too.

Reply to
Art

Wasn&#39;t dragging you into anything... I just made a statement.

Reply to
<kjpro

Chris, quit trying to act and post as a true HVAC professional. I have read your recent crap at alt.hvac, where you want to &#39;hack-in&#39; a cooling system on an oil system. Anybody (with limited HVAC knowledge) knows your a hack, you will continue to be a hack and you don&#39;t care about getting the proper training. Don&#39;t forget that you have been offered a reward to pass NATE exams, which you have ignored many times.

Reply to
<kjpro