sticky-fingers repairman

Page 2 of 2
On Wed, 1 Aug 2007 23:59:51 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"

I was just joking. I have a bunch of HF tools that work fine too.
I'm only a DIY guy, and for example, I would never have bought a hammer drill if it weren't very cheap.

Stormin is a DIY guy too... sorry for the insult. :-)

Don't try to drag me into your petty fights and I won't get into your petty fights.

Thanks for a high class, noble answer.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

Chris, quit trying to act and post as a true HVAC professional. I have read your recent crap at alt.hvac, where you want to 'hack-in' a cooling system on an oil system. Anybody (with limited HVAC knowledge) knows your a hack, you will continue to be a hack and you don't care about getting the proper training. Don't forget that you have been offered a reward to pass NATE exams, which you have ignored many times.

Wasn't dragging you into anything... I just made a statement.
On Wed, 1 Aug 2007 11:05:54 -0700, "Cheri" <gserviceatinreachdotcom> wrote:

They stole a new makerer (huge/big one) off the site the other day.
Just write "dead man" on your tools. :-) -- Oren
"I didnt say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you."
on 8/1/2007 1:58 PM snipped-for-privacy@phred.org said the following:

All my tools have distinctive markings. I spray painted all hand tools with a bright color (red) and made deep marks with the edge of a grinding wheel, much like notches in a gunslinger's hand grips.. Like all contractors, my larger tools and equipment have my initials on them in broad permanent ink.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

an apartment construction site. Since most of the subs commuted quite a ways, the manangement kept some loaner tools on hand, to keep the job moving. Shovels, rakes, chains, etc, all kept growing legs, till I picked up a couple cans of dayglo pink spray paint on a supply run. If they needed a tool for their shift, they'd still borrow it, but they got real good about bringing them back. Macho construction guys hate getting seen with pink-splashed tools, and if the guy was still working on the site the next day, finding the tools that hadn't come back at the end of the previous shift was real easy.
aem sends....
Glad there is at least one other honest contractor out there.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

"Other"
You mean like your busted door jams and ripping off little, drunk, old ladies?
On Wed, 1 Aug 2007 09:53:48 -0400, "George Becker"

Call the repairman and ask if he has seen it. Being 99% sure doesn't do much without proof.

Like most said, probably a mistake, or at least easily claimed as one. Not like the sunglasses that disappeared when I had carpet installed recently. I have an entire toolbox a tree guy left at my place almost five years ago. I called the company at least 3 times and left it under my carport for someone to pick up for a year. Now it's in the shed. I barely looked in it, but seems full of useful stuff.

Had a guy come lay some travertine tile. About twenty squares, which he put on with four blobs of mud, one on each corner. He wanted a lot more money after putting down twenty large squares. You could hear the hollow sounds, and I knew it would not be long before they would crack. He never came back. He left a Metabo grinder, a nice wet tile saw, a 6' Metabo level, and some various cheap tools.
I sent him a registered letter letting him know he had abandoned the work and tools, and demanded payment for the tiles he had incorrectly installed. I never heard from him.
I have absolutely no problem using those tools, as I figure I paid more than they were worth.
The next guy on the scene did a beautiful job on the travertine.
Steve
Finding the keyboard operational George Becker entered:

By all means call the company and ask. It's not all that unusual for a tradesman to pick up a tool that isn't his. Not deliberatly, just happens if you aren't careful. I used to have all kinds of equipment left behind and customer stuff brought back by techs after field calls. I seem to have the opposite problem with things being left behind. like 50 feet of coax from a sat. dish install, a ladder, lots of hand tools and a couple of DMMs. I usually call the company and let them know but most times they say "Keep it". They did pickup the ladder. :) Bob
Coffee worth staying up for - NY Times
A $10 multimeter? Forget about it. Probably picked it up by mistake. I am sure he has left tools all over the place too.