steps for sealing up whirlpool bathtub?

We have a whirlpool bathtub, and we never use it. We clean it all the time (run a hotwater bleach mixture) and it always has these little brown flecks of crud in it.
We'd like to seal it up, where is a good reference for doing that?

I don't think that's what you are saying, since you don't mention leaking in your post. Or are you saying you want to permanently block the whirlpool plumbing? We somethimes get those blocks of crud in our whirlpool tub too, but a really good cleaning, and they're gone. We don't use our tub either, we use the shower on the other end of the bathroom instead, and we put a real spa in the backyard. Blows the tub away at warp speed. I don't want to do anything to the tub, since some day we'll sell the house, and having that tub will appeal to buyers. We do pour water down the drain occasionally, to keep the trap from drying. I'm not sure if it's possible to remove or disconnect the whirlpool plumbing and not have a chance of leaking. Intriguing idea, though. Dave