Step stools

I do not like the stepstool we have now because the horizontal distance between the front of the bottom step and the front of the top step is less than 4.4 inches. (The stepstool has just two steps.) It is also rather heavy because it is made of steel.

Can anyone recommend an aluminum stepstool with a greater horizontal distance between steps? (I do not like hitting my shins on the top step when I am standing on the bottom step.) Thank you in advance for any help.

Reply to
Daniel Prince

We have a two step step stool by Cosco. It's an older model 11-159-SPGY (cannot find it on the web)

It is similar to Cosco Two Step Household Folding Step Stool Product Model: #11135CLGG4

It's steel by not overly heavy, I can easily handle it with one hand. I'm guessing close to 10 lbs...definitely not 15 lbs.

The bottom step is pretty deep as is the top step.... these are not typical ladder treads. The bottom step to top step face offset is at least 5" but definitely not 5.5".

I'm not sure if the newer models give the large step offset.

Cosco also makes aluminum ones but they tend to be more like step ladders with a landing platform. The lower treads are "step ladder" sized and give very little offset by nature of the ladder design.

cheers Bob

Reply to
DD_BobK

I would go to the nearest shopping place, Walmart, Target, Home Depot, Lowes, etc. and look at their selection. That way you can easily see what is available.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Gill

Inasmuch as this is a home repair group, I assume you have a saw and a screwdriver.

A short trip to the box store for some wood, glue, and screws, plus an afternoon's piddlying should be sufficient for you to construct a step-stool that exactly meets your preferences.

Reply to
HeyBub

If steel was "too heavy", wood certainly isn't going to meet his needs. ...and I'd hate to see him whine if he got a splinter in his shins.

Reply to
krw