Stencil for swimming pool?

Hi,

I have a hydropool (lap pool) and swim in it every day. Next time I drain it (once a year), I'd like to put a single black 2 inch wide black stripe down the center of the pool bottom. This way I have something to focus on so I stay in a straight line when I am swimming. I swim face down with a mask and snorkel as I broke my neck a few years ago and find it hard to turn my head for a breath. I have an auto striping guy that lives down the street. He has done the registration numbers on my boat, waverunners, and also made my business logo for my trucks etc..Never had any issues with peeling.... Just wondering if that type of decal will withstand a chlorinated (Brominated) pool ?....while I am at it on the same subject , I am also looking for a clock I can suction cup to the bottom of the pool to time my swims...anybody ever see something like this?... I have done the google this before posting... thanks for any constructive replies... Jim

Reply to
Jim

Jim wrote the following:

  1. Just put a length of rope, held down by rocks or bricks, down the center of the pool, no need to even drain it.
  2. Wear a waterproof wrist watch with a start-stop timer.
Reply to
willshak

Something like this maybe?

That Finis Company makes others too. Some were in the $300 range. No idea how good they are.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Jim, you could also glue down a row of black tiles. About 13 cents apiec at Home Depot.

Ivan Vegvary

Reply to
Ivan Vegvary

I also do vinyl vehicle graphics and have never seen a spec for vinyl for continuous underwater use. I think you need some sort of paint.

Also for you timer you need an under water lap timer. I've seen swiimers with small timers with a small suction cup the attached directly to their goggles.

Cliff Hartle